Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Android OS upgrade

4683 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: 2014-03-29 12:58:58

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    delloneill
    2014-03-20 11:37:21
     Has anyone done the Android OS upgrade, I've just done it and now have a multi tab icon at the right side of the screen very handy when switching between screens  

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2014-03-20 13:03:32 (Reply to:delloneill)

Yes I have. It is a very nice feature.

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-03-20 14:12:43 (Reply to:delloneill)

Apparently a follow up update will be out on Monday to further enhance this update.

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-03-20 14:15:33 (Reply to:Scootincivic)

(double post)
    Just as a follow through you can tap & hold the icon and move it anywhere on the
    corners of the screen.

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    delloneill
    2014-03-20 15:29:41
     @Scootincivic is that the maxisys update your talking about, I'm talking about the Android OS update, if your 908 is the same as mine the auto update for the OS is turned of, I manually updated my OS then did the Maxisys update has some different features on the android part of the system  

•   Level 3   
    (58) points
    Frederick Wiedmer

2014-03-21 09:09:19 (Reply to:delloneill)

What needs to be done on some toyotas I now lose communication with vci when auto
    scan is in process and gets to theft system check the vci gets kicked off line anyone
    know why this is going on???

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    delloneill
    2014-03-21 11:30:35 (Reply to:Frederick Wiedmer)
     Can you explained the fault with your tool in detail, I understand the problem your having, when you say the vci gets kicked off line do you mean the Bluetooth disconnects ? 

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-03-21 14:20:48 (Reply to:delloneill)

@Dell; talking in regards toward the multitasking button. Just forwarding what another
    user had already stated on the forum here..
    Downside is the OS in general is trash running a 4.0 based OS.
    Autel may want to think of using 4.2 or higher (current new OS is 4.4 "KitKat")..
    I only say that as 4.2 is easier to code then other older OS's..

As for the drop out of the VCI module I've had this happen also on many GM based
    vehicles. Blutooth never drops it just stops communicating with the tablet. Seems
    more software based. Could be do to so many pids being read & decoded within the
    software. Hard telling as I can't do a true data log without ROOT privileges.

•   Level 5   
    (228) points
    delloneill
    2014-03-21 15:34:10 (Reply to:Scootincivic)
     @ Scootincivic funny you mention that I had this happen me yesterday on a Toyota Yaris it kind of just dropped out, had to come out of the Toyota programme and go in again, just thought it was a glitch, must keep an eye on it, as for the android platform I understand where your are coming from, 4.2 onwards would have been better to use, I'm sure they will develop a newer type of tablet using 4.2 onwards, would be nice on the maxisys though, as for the maxisys I'm very impressed with it so far sure there is things it can't do as people on here will tell you but it can do more that it can't I find here in Ireland, I have an ipad / launch x431 and find nothing can be modified like the maxisys but as you say ROOT privilege would be good, (if support is listening)

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2014-03-24 04:52:19 (Reply to:delloneill)

I have found on toyota products. When you want to register a new tpms under
    the'service' feature it will not communicate but you can access it under diagnostic and
    perform it. So there are some little glitches in the toyota side for sure. I have not had
    mine disconnect though.
  Total2 Pages